Welcome to the BEST of NPB Blog posts, podcasts and videos we have published in the past.
I have included over 50 posts here on NPB that will help you succeed in your photography business. I know it’s pretty difficult to filter through and figure out what you should read, so I decided to do the hard work and organize my very best content for you below.
Find the topic or topics that interest you the most, and enjoy!
- The Basics: 5 Important Digital Photography Tips
- Start A Photography Business Fast – Quick Start
- How To Start Getting Clients – Simple Techniqu
- Being Prepared For Your Portrait Session
NEW! NPB Quick Tip Lessons
Here you will find short video lessons where I answer questions from our NPB subscribers. I decided to do this after receiving emails and answering questions that could help more than just the one person receiving my email response.
Creating Unique Portraits – Ideas & Inspiration
We all know how hard it is sometimes to get creative and wow your clients with that new portrait. Sometimes it just takes seeing an idea and then putting your own spin on it.
Remember, every great portrait comes from an inspiration or idea someone had and discovered. We have been posting portrait ideas to help photographers with this process and listed the past posts below.
- Portrait Idea #1: Comfy Basket
- Holiday Portrait Ideas & Tips Guide
- 3 More Portrait Ideas (Farmer – Tubby – Briefcase)
- 2 Portrait Ideas For Pets And Baby
- Tea Party Portrait (Before & After)
- 2 Easter/Spring Portrait Ideas
- 5 Valentine Portrait Ideas
- Simple Holiday Portrait Idea – Baking
- Golfing Portrait Idea
- Fun Summer Portrait Idea
- Digital Portrait Creative Guide With Over 100 Images (Download)
- Where To Find Unique Locations To Shoot Amazing Portraits
- How To Sell Your Portraits
- Pricing Your Photography Business
- Missing (The BIG Picture) In Your Marketing
- 2 Methods To Get More Clients (Video)
- How To Create Up-sells So Clients Buy More (Podcast
- Photographer Won’t Take NO For An Answer (Podcast)
- How To Price You Photography Business? (Mastermind Call)
- Marketing Is Like Fishing (Find The Correct Pond)
- 5 Steps To Building A Successful Photography Business
- Why To Create Deadlines And Limited Time Offers
- Creating 3 Portraits Using 1 Image
- I Spy Something GREEN! (Clever Marketing)
- Holiday Marketing Techniques – The 4×8 Marketing Machine
- Attracting New Clients To Your Photography Business
- I’m New…How Do I Create A Portfolio?
- Common Mistakes When Doing Contests (Fixed)
- 4 Tips For Starting A Pet Photographer
- 5 Tips For Creating A Successful Business
- Online Proofing Vs Offline Proofing (What’s Better?)
- Pricing Your Sessions For The Holidays
- How To Get New Clients And Profit For Holidays
- Out Of The Box Portrait Photography Marketing Tips
Photography Website Building
- How To Build A Website/Blog For Your Photography
- How To Get Clients From Google’s Search Engine PT1
- How To get Clients From Google Using Keywords PT2
Newborn Photography Tips
- Tips For Photographing Newborn Sleeping
- Simple Infant Photography – (Video)
- 6 Tips For Infant Photographers
- Newborn Prop Ideas
- Newborn Portrait Ideas And Tips
- Newborn Portrait Hand Under Chin Pose
Lighting & Posing
- Know The Lighting Basics First
- Senior Portrait Posing and Cropping Tips (Video)
- Basic 1 Light Setup Example – Lighting Diagram
- No Big Studio Required Only 1 Light (Where Was This Taken?)
- What Is Split Lighting? (Dramatic Look)
- Studio Lighting Tips – Better Group Shots
- 3 Quick Tips For Better Portraits
- 3 Simple Fixes For Better Portraits
- Why Bad Lighting Equals Less Profits And How To Avoid This
- Flash Vs Continuos Lighting (What One To Choose)
- 5 Tips For Pet Photographers
- 6 Tips For Better Composition And Framing The Shot
- 4 Simple Tips For Better Portraits
- 5 Tips For Children’s Portrait Session
- More Composition Tips For Improved Portraits
- Head Shot Posing Tips For Improved Portraits – Using Jaw Line
- Engagement Picture Ideas And Tips
- Photography Poses For Couples
Digital Backgrounds And Success
- Amazing Before & After Shots
- Proof These Work (How He Booked 40 New Clients)
- I Fooled Pro Photographers (Proof)
- Why Digital Backgrounds Can Help Your Photography Business
- Digital Background Tricks And Tips
- Simple Workflow In Photoshop – Start To Finish
- Speed Up Your Digital Background Workflow (10x)
- Creating Your Own Hi-Key Background
- How To Remove A Background In Photoshop?
- How To Create Your Own Cove-Up Layers
Motivation And Success Advice
- Learn How To Deal With Negative Feedback?
- 3 Powerful Words To Live By
- Yes…YOU CAN! (Print This And Read Everyday)
- The Photographer’s Prayer
- Lighting And Marketin Podcast
- Avoid The Photographer’s Death Trap
- Photography Business Tips For Success (Fearless)
- How Taking Action Really Works (Do This)
- Case Study Interview: Stay At Home Mom Opens Studio
Special Webinar Recording
Here’s some of the questions that were submitted and we answered on the Photography Business Webinar.
1. How do I get my black background to not look washed out?
2. I use a light meter, but my pictures are still coming out under or over exposed.
3. What size studio do I need? Do I need one?
4. How do I get more clients on a budget?
5. How to get a clear shot if my model is moving?
6.What Photography Niche Is best to create a business around?
7. Do I need to change my custom white balance in the studio if I change lenses?[/box]
Bookmark This Page and Share With Your Photography Friends!