If you’ve wanted to create grunge or different image effects that give your images a unique look, you’re going to love this tutorial.
I recently shared a similar technique that helps your images POP with color. You can read and watch that lesson here.
There’s so many different ways to add cool effects, but sometimes they get complicated or cost money. The truth is that most of these can be done if you keep these simple and don’t over think things.
The image I’m using as my example is from our Digital Creation’s club and has vibrant colors to illustrate this effect.
Watch this video and see how simple it is for me to create multiple effects with just a few steps.
Here’s the basic steps I use to create this simple effect.
- 1. Create duplicate layer
- 2. Convert the copy to a black and white image. I desaturated it using the Hue/Saturation sliders.
- 3. Go to the layer modes and change to “Soft Light”.
- 4. Adjust the Opacity increase or decrease the effect.
- 5. Flatten the image when happy and choose “Save As” to create your final image.
Bonus Tip: Play around with layer modes such as Overlay, Hard Light or Screen. This will create different effects and you can choose which one best works for your image.
Bookmark this page for future reference.
If you are wondering what the Digital Creation is called it’s…“Checkered Flag Deliveries” and can be found in the member’s area.
Members Login Here To Download
Click Here To Join the Club
[ois skin=”Main Page”]