Welcome…to NewPortraitBiz.com where we create FREE Portrait Photography and Marketing Tips for all different types of photographers. We have lessons for the beginner that are just starting to the pro photographer looking for some advanced marketing tips. Take a minute to look through some of our current lessons and see what will best help you and your photography.
Usually when first getting started…the hardest thing to figure out is your camera. There are so many terms and words that other photographers are using and it can be very confusing. These will help you understand and start feeling comfortable with your camera.
- Learn How To Use Your Digital SLR In Manual Mode
- What is Shallow Depth Of Field And How To Use it?
- Should I Use RGB or sRGB Color Space In My Camera?
- What Are The Pros And Cons When Shooting JPG or Raw?
The second hardest thing for most newbies to figure out is lighting and how to expose the picture properly. These videos and blog posts will help you understand how to use lighting to compliment your photography and your subjects.
- Learn The Lighting Basics First
- Basic 1 Light Setup Example – Lighting Diagram
- No Big Studio Required Only 1 Light (Where Was This Taken?)
- What Is Split Lighting? (Dramatic Look)
- Studio Lighting Tips – Better Group Shots
- Why Bad Lighting Equals Less Profits And How To Avoid This
- Flash Vs Continuous Lighting (What One To Choose)
After you understand the technical side of things with your camera and lighting, you need to understand posing and good composition. This can take some practice, but these tips below will help tremendously.
- Senior Portrait Posing and Cropping Tips (Video)
- 6 Tips For Better Composition And Framing The Shot
- More Composition Tips For Improved Portraits
- Head Shot Posing Tips For Improved Portraits – Using Jaw Line
- Engagement Picture Ideas And Tips
- Photography Poses For Couples
Now, if you are currently a photographer that charges money or wants to eventually, marketing should be your next love. You can be the best photographer in the world, but if you can’t get the word out it doesn’t matter. These lessons below are some very powerful techniques and tips that can take your photography business to the next level.
- How To Sell Your Portraits
- Pricing Your Photography Business
- Missing (The BIG Picture) In Your Marketing?
- 2 Methods To Get More Clients (Video)
- How To Create Up-sells So Clients Buy More (Podcast)
- Photographer Won’t Take NO For An Answer (Podcast)
- How To Price You Photography Business (Mastermind Call)
- Marketing Is Like Fishing (Find The Correct Pond)
- 5 Steps To Building A Successful Photography Business
- Why Create Deadlines And Limited Time Offers
- Creating 3 Portraits Using 1 Image
- I Spy Something GREEN! (Clever Marketing)
- Holiday Marketing Techniques – The 4×8 Marketing Machine
- Attracting New Clients To Your Photography Business
- I’m New…How Do I Create A Portfolio?
- Common Mistakes When Doing Contests
- 4 Tips For Starting A Pet Photography Business
- 5 Tips For Creating A Successful Business
- Online Proofing Vs Offline Proofing (What’s Better?)
- Pricing Your Sessions For The Holidays
- How To Get New Clients And Profit For Holidays
- Out Of The Box Portrait Photography Marketing Tips
- How To Market Your Photography Business Using Facebook
- How To Get Testimonials From Your Photography Clients
If you love photography and want to be successful, you need to stay motivated and inspired. Sometimes you will have clients or people say things that upset you or throw you off your game. These links below will help you deal with what to say and how to process your thoughts and feelings. The mind is a powerful thing!
- Learn How To Deal With Negative Feedback?
- 3 Powerful Words To Live By
- Yes…YOU CAN! (Print This And Read Everyday)
- The Photographer’s Prayer
- Lighting And Marketing Podcast
- Avoid The Photographer’s Death Trap
- Photography Business Tips For Success (Fearless)
- How Taking Action Really Works (Do This)
- Case Study Interview: Stay At Home Mom Opens Studio
Newborn photography can be very challenging at times, but also very rewarding. If you are currently photographing newborns or thinking about entering this market…check out these links below.
- Tips For Photographing Newborn Sleeping
- Simple Infant Photography – (Video)
- 6 Tips For Infant Photographers
- Newborn Prop Ideas
- Newborn Portrait Ideas And Tips
- Newborn Portrait Hand Under Chin Pose
Having the option to use Photoshop for editing or creating unique portraits is a HUGE advantage for us photographers. Here you will see some workflow techniques to speed up your editing and using Digital Backgrounds to add more variety to your photography.
- Amazing Before & After Shots
- Proof These Work (How He Booked 40 New Clients)
- I Fooled Pro Photographers (Proof)
- Why Digital Backgrounds Can Help Your Photography Business
- Digital Background Tricks And Tips
- Simple Workflow In Photoshop – Start To Finish
- Speed Up Your Digital Background Workflow (10x)
- Creating Your Own Hi-Key Background
- How To Remove A Background In Photoshop
- How To Create Your Own Cover-Up Layers
- How To Build A Website or Blog For Your Photography (Step by Step)
- 3 Quick Tips For Better Portraits
- 3 Simple Fixes For Better Portraits
- 5 Tips For Children’s Portrait Session
- 5 Tips For Pet Photographers